2D animation courses can develop Lifelong Learning
No matter the subject material or topic, 2D animation courses can be invaluable to show and explain to children the key learning areas they need for their overall learning and development (Farmer, 2021).
What are the benefits of 2D animation courses in education?
When it comes to learning and development, visual media and an animation and design course, can play a major role in better understanding various concepts, tools and learning systems (Farmer, 2021).
As such, animation courses offer an alternative to learning through experiential learning:
- According to Kolb’s Experiential Learning Theory, this approach is a powerful foundation for all forms of learning, development, and change.
- This also invites your child to understand themselves as a learner, empowering them to take charge of their own learning and development.
- And it also supports how they perform in their education (Institute of Experiential Learning, 2021, as cited in Joshi, 2022).
- In addition, animation courses involve interactive education that can get children engaged in vibrant visuals, including 2D animation and design where they themselves become part of and can participate in the learning process.
- “Gamification” as an example, has become an effective technique to design assessments and education-based projects where gaming and/or video games can form part of an animation and design course that children can get effectively involved with (Joshi, 2022).
Furthermore, because most children have shorter attention spans compared to adults, they often fail to effectively retain information and explanations of complex subject matter. Therefore, 2D animation design and animation overall, and including multimedia-based video content can be implemented effectively into any learning program. Thus, an animation and design course influence can help better comprehend the relevant content needed while also grabbing children’s attention (Joshi, 2022).
So when it comes to subjects such as mathematics, science or geography for instance, formulas, systems, and processes can also be taught more effectively using animation courses (Farmer, 2021).
How can children develop lifelong learning skills enrolling in a 2D animation learning program?
- Different colours, shapes, and pictures in 2D animation, draws in a child’s imagination, and thus, when enrolling in an animation and design course, they learn to create “abstract images in their minds” and transfer these to the computer.
- A child can develop their own vivid ideas and use these to come up with possibilities through creating their own visual work, thereby cultivating their creativity skills (Joshi, 2022).
- Children not only obtain the knowledge they need when faced with complex subject matter or concepts, but also learn how to use the skills obtained from an animation and design course for creating their animations.
- Children also get to explore how animation courses make learning easier by “converting anything imaginable into virtual reality”, thereby fostering strong computational thinking abilities (Joshi, 2022).
- Children are also able to utilise the capabilities of “computer assisted learning”, with simple to use animation programs and games that promote opportunities for collaboration and also develop the communication skills needed (Hall, 2010 cited on Mandasari, 2012).
- For children with Autism Spectrum Disorders or ASD, animation courses are extremely effective as they can necessitate the kind of learning for them that combines structured and scheduled activities that include 2D animation design, videos, sound and dialogue, as well as text that can successfully be implemented as effective “instructional stimuli” (Mandasari, 2012).
- Animation and design courses that also use computer-based technologies can help children, no matter their learning ability, to develop the necessary problem-solving skills they need (Herskowitz, 2009 cited in Mandasari, 2012), including strengthening their critical and logical thinking abilities (Joshi, 2022).
- A 2D animation course can also be an effective learning program to help children develop a better understanding of scenario-based learning, in turn promoting their storytelling capabilities, while also developing their social and practical skills (Joshi, 2022).
Previous studies done by Hetzroni and Tannous in 2004 focused on using “interactive computer software for enhancing communication functions”. This showed how children, along with those with ASD, were successful in transferring the skills learned from being in a software-based environment to the classroom environment, which promoted not only their ability to effectively adapt, but also become more resilient and develop better self-confidence (Mandasari, 2012).
As such, children’s learning has evolved to greater heights, as they are able to successfully develop the necessary lifelong learning skills and capabilities that come from animation courses and the computer software and programs that help to make the 2D animation designs possible.
Children and young learners alike can therefore be supported in their overall learning and development in several ways as a result, providing them various advantages. Thus, making an animation course an “attractive learning solution” for all levels of learning and capabilities (Joshi, 2022).
So get your child enrolled in PIEX Education’s 2D animation and design course today! Give your child the chance to develop their future as a global citizen, a change maker and future leader in the exciting field of animation design and innovation!
Looking for Animation courses for your kids? Click here!